Last modified October 5, 2016
I. Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Website, contact or interact with us, send emails to apply for a job or contact a Calli team member, subscribe to our blog, utilize our online bill pay system and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Website.
When You contact us, we may collect Your email address and any other information that You provide to us voluntarily.
When You sign up for our blog, we may collect Your email address.
When You use the online bill pay, we may collect Your name, address, telephone number, email address, information about your symptoms and treatment, insurance provider, billing and payment information.
When You access and use the Website, we may automatically collect information regarding You and Your device, including Your device’s Internet Protocol address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, your location, the Website features You use and the time of Your use, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
We may collect information about You from third party sources. The Website provides connections with Feedburner, Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. If You connect with these websites through the Website, We may receive personal information about You.
II. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including the purposes for which You provided it and to:
- Provide information and services to You;
- Process financial transactions and insurance claims;
- Connect with Your social media accounts and post content You choose to share;
- Process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- Send You information about Your relationship or transactions with us;
- Administer, operate, and improve the Website or develop new products and services;
- Personalize and enhance Your experience using the Website;
- Send periodic emails. If you choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You blog entries. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Website usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Website;
- Compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- Prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Your Information is Disclosed
B. Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
D. Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
E. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Website.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, You are responsible for keeping Your password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Website against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR ANY CAUSE BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Website is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Website outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with customers, and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Website to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Website.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, please contact us at 763-255-2125.
- Closing Your Account –If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may remove it from our system without notice.
- Opt-Outs Available from Our Partners. Some of our partners allow users to opt-out of their collection of information. See “Analytics” section above for details.
VIII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
XI. How to Contact Us
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code §1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or write us at The Calli Institute, 11334 86th Ave., North Maple Grove, MN 55369.